20 Questions with Dani Blanchette of goingnomadic.com and vegashasthat.com
This is round 5 in the little game of 20 Questions I’ve been playing with my fellow travel bloggers. I have been majorly slacking on posting these and I apologize to everyone who has taken the time to respond. I hope to get pack to posting these bi-weekly.
This game is being played with Dani of www.goingnomadic.com and www.vegashasthat.com. Over the past few months we have become friends leaning on each other as we both just started our destination guides. Maybe it was this support that inspired Dani to declare me one of the 10 Travel Bloggers she would go Lez for Between her and Will Peach I am starting to think I should reconsider my twitter avatar!
1. What does the action to “FROLIC” mean to you?
To dance around in a field of flowers, skipping, and acting like you got a frying pan to the side of your skull.
2. What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? Do you like horror movies? Why or why not?
I LOVE HORROR MOVIES. Especially if they also contain zombies. Probably because I have issues.
But the scariest movie I have ever seen, that even to this day, seeing a 30 second preview on TV makes me wake up, in a cold sweat, screaming, in the middle of the night (and I’m 32) is…
THE F*&%ING NEVERENDING STORY!
(yes, I AM aware this is a little kids movie. Shut up)
F’in HATE that movie. I’m sorry, but if a giant bubble dog started flying at me, I WOULD NOT befriend it. I would run, screaming in terror and need new pants. The only part of that movie that wasn’t scary was when the wolf jumped out of the cave thing.
3. If someone offered you $5 each for a pair of your used underwear, would you give it to them?
HELL YES! I would totally sell that sh*t and use it to make money to travel. (Not gonna lie, seriously thought about doing this before). I totally bet I could do that on Ebay too. Yup, think this may be my new idea for self-sustainability…
4. Give us your one paragraph obituary, as you’d like to have it turn out in the end.
Here lies Dani. She’s probably still talking.
5. If I know I wouldn’t get arrested, I would __________ ?
Totally have sex in a confessional booth!
6. If I were King/Queen for the day, I would make ______illegal and punishable by __________.
Skinny jeans would be illegal and punishable by DEATH!
7. Who do you think was more guilty in the paradise? Adam or Eve?
Totally Eve. She may seemed to make it look like Adam’s fault, but she’s a chick. I totally bet she nagged him till he was all ‘Fine! I’ll get the damn apple if you will just shut the fuck up!”. That’s kinda how us chicks roll.
8. Who is the biggest gossiper blogger you know?
I’m going with Will Peach. Not really gossip, but his article Move Over Nomadic Matt, The Torch Has Passed: How I’m Going to Have the Biggest Travel Blog in the World calling out a bunch of travel bloggers, almost made me wet my pants!
9. If you could travel to any planet which would it be and why?
PLUTO! I don’t care what the scientists say, its still a planet in my book!
10. Superhero you would most want to hang out with for a weekend and knock back a few pints with?
The Tick! You can’t beat a superhero whose catch line in SPOOOON!
11. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Teleportation, duh. What travel blogger DOESN’T have that at the top of their list? Besides the money you save not paying for travel, visas, hotels, etc…I CAN GET SOME! I don’t have to be away from my awesome boyfriend in Colombia, for 6 months, starting in July!
12. If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see?
13. You are able to ask one yes/no question to anyone in history and get a 100% honest reply — what is your question and to whom?
Jesus – ‘So are you REALLY the son of God, or have people just not figured out what schizophrenia is yet?’
14. Whose brain would you like to swap yours with for a month?
My friend Nikki. I’d like to know what it feels like to actually have tits.
15. When is the last time you played the air guitar?
Not that long ago. But since I can’t remember the exact date, I think its time to do more.
16. Do you like more PB or Jelly on your PB&J sandwiches?
Honestly, I like the bread part the best. I love me some carbohydrates!
17. If you could share a meal with anyone who & where would it be?
Richard Simmons! And who cares where…ITS RICHARD FREAKIN’ SIMMONS! Yea, you might say some famous chef or brilliant scientist or something, but seriously, whose gonna top a story that begins with,
“So I was having lunch with Richard Simmons and…”
Party Stopper right there!
18. Ladies, do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms?
Can’t do it. Squat toilets I’m fine with, but its that almost standing and peeing thing I can’t do.
19. If someone offered you a million dollars for a night of sex, would you do it? Would it matter if the person were good looking or not?
Yes and yes! But it has to be in cash. And they have to use a condom. And preferably be quick about it. I have places to go.
20. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
As always I allowed Dani the privilege of asking me any one of these 20 questions! For some reason I’m not too surprised with her choice.
What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Duh, My freaky frolicking ways