20 Questions with Jennifer Miner of The Vacation Gals
20 Questions with Jennifer Miner of The Vacation Gals
Welcome to round 2 of the game 20 Questions!
After spending months on the road I grew tired of being asked the same questions upon meeting someone new: Where are you from? Where you going next? How long have you been traveling for? If you have traveled for any extended period of time I am sure you are familiar with these questions as well.
As I read other travel blogs I get the same feeling from their interviews. It’s great to read that Kate from Adventurous Kate survived being shipwrecked or that Matt of Nomadic Matt has decided to become less nomadic but honestly how many times do we need to read it?
This weeks participant is Jennifer Miner of The Vacation Gals. Jennifer is part of the team of three women who run The Vacation Gals. These women all happen to also be moms! They write about girlfriend getaways, family trips and romantic rendezvous for when you leave the kids at home.
1. What does the action to “FROLIC” mean to you?
There are two main ways to plan travels. One, which I most often do when organizing a family vacation, involves researching hotels , activities, and best ways to get from Y to Z at a destination. The other way is to pick up and go — easier for solo travel or a romantic getaway, for sure!
Frolicking, to me, means the carefree aspect of travel, without the need to do anything in particular. Just seeing how the day or week unfolds.
2. What was first – chicken or egg?
Through millions of years of natural selection, smaller dinosaurs slowly evolved into chickens and other birds as we know them today.
3. If you had a time machine, where would you travel?
I’d definitely go into the far future, when there’s space travel, hopefully. I’d love to see what’s out there.
4. If I were Queen for the day, I would make ______ illegal and punishable by __________?
If I were Queen for the day, I would make telemarketing robocalls illegal and punishable by aural surgery that implants a permanent ringing in the company CEO’s ears.
5. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it?
The Lazy Adventurist.
6. If someone offered you a million dollars for a night of sex, would you do it? Would it matter if the person were good looking or not?
Sigh. He keeps asking and I keep telling him “no,” but if George Clooney would incentivize with a week at his Lake Como villa, I may finally acquiesce.
7. What’s your favorite gambling game?
8. Would you rather be rich or healthy?
Who wouldn’t say healthy?!
9. Do you like more PB or Jelly on your PB&J sandwiches?
Peanut butter, extra crunchy, please.
10. Biggest travel splurge?
Biggest travel splurge was a day of fine dining at Tom Keller’s famous Napa Valley restaurant, The French Laundry. And by day, I mean it. It’s a 4-hour experience.
11. If you could take a trip with any dead/living celebrity with who and where would you go?
I would want to go with Anthony Bourdain to…to anywhere, frankly, that he’s unhappy with the food. It would be hilarious to watch Mister Cranky Pants in person.
12. Favorite mode of transport?
Favorite mode of transport is an airplane.
13. If you could only drink one alcoholic drink for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Wine from Miner Family Vineyards because, though I’m not related, I like the joke of it.
14. Food you want everyone to try at least once.
The caramel pear gelato at Gelateria dei Gracchi near the Vatican. It is some of the best gelato in Rome, utterly transcendent. The perfectly fitting treat after seeing the Sistene Chapel.
15. If you could never travel outside one of the 5 occupied continents, which one would you spend the rest of your life traveling around and why?
Easy — North America. Even the United States alone is so large, there’s everything from rain forests to deserts. Plus, most of the people I know live here, and I’d miss them if I picked another continent.
16. Where do you want to retire?
I want to retire in Santa Barbara, California.
17. If I know I wouldn’t get arrested, I would __________?
If I knew I wouldn’t get arrested, I’d “boop” Queen Elizabeth’s nose.
18. What is your favorite article of clothing?
My favorite article of clothing is my older, baggy pair of cargo pants. I love all those pockets, even the one that’s too small to hold anything except a seashell.
19. Worst pick up line you have ever heard?
I myself have never been the recipient of a pick-up line, good or bad. I have cute friends, though, I’d bet they’ve heard a doozy or two!
20. Festival you most want to go to?
Festival I most want to go to is Comic-Con, but with special passes or whatever it takes to not deal with the massive hordes of cosplayers and wanna-be’s.
I’ve let Jennifer turn the tables on me. Here is the one question she wanted me to answer:
What destination have you visited that did not live up to the hype?
Buenos Aires. People rave about this city and while yes the steak is cheap and the wine is good I didn’t understand what all the fuss is about. I often attribute this to the fact that I visited in September and it was way too cold for my liking! No people on the streets dancing tango and drinking wine.
If you are a travel blogger and interested in playing 20 Questions please email me at fluentinfrolicking at gmail dot com.
Wonder Woman photo courtesy of amoeba.com
George Clooney photo courtesy extratv.com