20 Questions with Talon of 1 Dad 1 Kid
20 Questions with Talon of 1Dad1Kid.com
Welcome to week 3 in my new series 20 Question. This weeks I am honored to have Talon playing along! I am in awe of his adventure and hope to one day be the kind of parent he is. Talon quit his job and hit the road with his 9-year-old son. They are having crazy adventures and learning about the world together. The two of them are traveling slow in Central & South America. Destinations I dream of reaching someday! You can follow them at 1dad1kid.com or on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Pinterest.
1. What does the action to “FROLIC” mean to you?
Play with total abandon like what children do.
2. If you could travel to any planet which would it be and why?
Jupiter because I would weigh a lot less there and that red cloud interests me.
3. Was there a destination you visited that didn’t live up to the hype?
Tulum, Mexico. Beautiful beach but not easily accessed until you can afford the resorts. Just was a meh experience all around.
4. If you could take a trip with any dead/living celebrity with who and where would you go?
Taylor Lautner (hey, he’s legal!) to a deserted island (so we wouldn’t have to wear clothes) with amazing beaches.
5. Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why, if yes?
To Reign in Hell by Steven Brust. I had recently been through a significant spiritual crisis, and even though this book is fantasy I really connected with it on a deep level.
6. Superhero you would most want to hang out with for a weekend and knock back a few beers with.
The movie version of Iron Man. He knows how to party.
7. Do you like more PB or Jelly on your PB&J sandwiches
8. What is the comfort food you miss most while on the road?
Jelly Belly candies and BBQ ribs
9. Do you like hot sauce?
LOVE! If I don’t break out in a sweat because of a meal, it wasn’t worth it.
10. Food you want everyone to try at least once
Cuy (guinea pig)
11. If you could only drink one alcoholic drink for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Martinis, dry and dirty with olives.
12. If someone offered you a million dollars for a night of sex, would you do it? Would it matter if the person were good looking or not?
Hell yes! And for a million dollars I don’t care what you look like. I can pretend.
13. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper?
Fold. You can’t flush it down the toilet here.
14. If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash?
15. Would you like to know the day you’re going to die ahead of time? Why or why not?
Absolutely not. I prefer to live in the moment. Death is going to come when it’s good and ready. I don’t want to wait around for it.
16. Which shoe do you put on first?
17. If I know I wouldn’t get arrested, I would __________?
Rob a bank, although there are some people in this world I would like to . . . remove from society.
18. If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see?
Tough one. Yellow?
19. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
No, I despise the color pink unless it’s a flower
20. Who do you think was more guilty in the paradise? Adam or Eve?
Adam, he was a wuss.
This gorgeous sunset photo fuels my South America wanderlust!
I hope you enjoyed this round of 20 Questions! As always I let Talon ask me any one of the questions I asked him. Seems only fair right? He wanted to know…
If I know I wouldn’t get arrested, I would __________?
Rob a bank wearing a George W. Bush mask and my pin-up girl red onesie… Think Point Break.
If you are a travel blogger and interested in playing 20 Questions please email me at fluentinfrolicking at gmail dot com.
Photo Credits: Ribs Photo courtesy of hahnsmarket (dot) com