7 Super Shots
I am taking part in HostelBookers 7 Super Shots. The rules are simple. Find 7 personal photos that apply to the categories than nominate 5 fellow bloggers to play along.
All photos in this post have been taken with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 and are untouched. When I set out on my travels I really wrestled with the choice between bringing my SLR or bringing a sturdier point and shoot. I choose the Panasonic due to the fact that is was waterproof and shock proof. It also has tons of internal features for different scenes and lighting settings. I have been very happy with this camera. I hope you enjoy my photos!
1. A photo that…takes my breath away
This picture was taken in Cappadocia, Turkey. Riding in a hot air balloon was always on my bucket list. When I lived in San Francisco I often looked into doing it in Napa but for one reason or another it never happened. So when I was in Cappadocia I just HAD to do it! It wasn’t till that morning that I got a little nervous. What was I thinking? I was about to trust some tiny wicker basket and a balloon to take me into the sky! As we slowly ascended into the sky over the odd fairy chimneys of Cappadocia all the fears slipped away. We went 1/2 a mile up from the earths surface. It was so quite and peaceful up there. It was truly a once in a lifetime adventure.
2. A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
Sometimes a photo captures a moment that is so genuine that when you look back at it you feel lucky to have been there. This is one of those photos. It was taken in Urfa, Turkey. I was wandering the ancient street of this town with three other travelers and we were followed for blocks by these giggling shy children. Sometimes it is the simple things that make you fall in love with a place. This was one of those times.
3. A photo that…makes me dream
This photo was taken in Vietnam on the Hai Van Pass. It is not the scenery from this drive that I dream of. Yes, it was gorgeous! Leaving the old capital of Hue and its forbidden city and riding through the mountains and clouds to descend on China Beach and end in the picturesque town of Hoi An. Yet, it is the man in this picture I dream about, my unexpected travel companion for months in Asia. I can not wait till we meet back up in a few months in Europe to continue our adventures together.
3. A photo that…makes me think
This photo was also taken in Urfa, Turkey. There was a flock of these strange pigeons in the courtyard of one of the old buildings we explored. The whole flock had these strange feathers growing sideways from their ankles. I have never seen pigeons that looked like this. I still can not help but trip out on them.
5. A photo that…makes my mouth water
Mmmmmmm Crispy Piggy! This gorgeous pig was just one of many delicious things on display in Hanoi, Vietnam.
6. A photo that…tells a story
Is someone thirsty? I love the hand sneaking up the side of the boat grabbing the Red Horse. This photo was taken in the water off of the small islands on the northwestern coast of Coron, Philippines. We stopped the boat to watch the sunset and a few of us jumped into the water for a drunken sunset swim and well all the exercise got us a little parched
7. A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
The reflections of the clouds and the sunset are what makes this photo magic for me. I love sunsets and have literally hundreds upon hundreds of photos of them but this one is one of my all time favorites. It was taken in Koh Rong, Cambodia which is basically HEAVEN!
Now it’s your turn:
Join the Game
1. Choose 7 of your own photos, one for each of the following categories:
- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
2. Write a short description for each image.
3. Write somewhere in your blog post: ‘I am taking part in HostelBookers 7 Super Shots‘.
4. Tell us you have participated and tweet the hashtag #7SuperShots
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers by including a link to their blog in your post.
We will be retweeting and sharing the best posts from participating bloggers.
Head on over and see the 7 Super Shots guidelines post which features a number of fantastic photos.